Unfortunately, our March Program has been cancelled due to COVID-19 concerns. Dawn will be able to present at our May 16 Program. More details to follow as the date gets closer. Please make good decisions to stay well and healthy.
SATURDAY, March 28th, 2020
The Walnut Creek/East Bay Chapter of the American Sewing Guild Presents:
ECO FABRICS with Dawn Pickering
Eco Fabrics’ goal is to responsibly develop and provide sustainable textiles. The products they offer are good for the environment and healthy for all of us, too. Fabric offerings are made of Organic Cotton, Hemp, Bamboo, Soy, Tencel, Modal, Wool, Recycled PET, and Silk. www.picknatural.com
We start our morning with a Sit n’ Sew – bring your projects OR make one of 10 BABY BEAVERS needed for the Festival – kits provided.
At 11am, Dawn will give us a talk about her business and fabrics. We will have lunch and Sew and Show. Then the afternoon is for shopping!
RSVP requested no later than Wednesday, March 25, 2020, so we know how many baby beaver kits to prepare. Please download the March 2020 Flyer for RSVP details.
Here are some shopping rules:
- Cash and credit/debit card payments accepted
- Remnant pieces are NOT further cut: i.e., if it is 5.3yds, it sells as it is.
- Orders can be taken on that day and shipment arranged
- Prices range from $6 to $20 – non-remnant fabric sold in 10yrd lot
Supplies needed for the sewing part of the program:
- Basic sewing kit
- Awl or Stiletto (for baby beaver construction)
- Sewing machine etc. as needed for your project